10 Apr 2017 - 00:00
The workshop is an introductory course that aims to promote different means to safeguard children. It is designed to raise awareness to the different types of abuse and the likely signs and indicators of abuse. The workshop also aims to give participants the tools and confidence to deal with a concern, in an appropriate, effective and sensitive manner, should the need arise.
The workshop provides a basic level of knowledge and awareness by making the context as realistic as possible. This is done by drawing on participants’ experiences and knowledge as well as on case studies and interactive tasks.
- Introduction to Safeguarding
- What is abuse?
- Signs and Indicators of Abuse
- Poor Practice & Best Practice
- What would be a cause of concern?
- Mandatory reporting
- Vetting of Staff and Volunteers
- Responding to a concern
- NGO’s responsibilities to the children they work with
- Communication and Media Guidelines