Our Mission is to Be the Voice for Animal Rights
Animal Guardians Malta shall work with the Government and other NGO’s and Bodies, both locally and Internationally, in the interest of All Animals.
We shall be the Voice of Animals against Abuse & Cruelty.
Our Organisation, Animal Guardians Malta, has the following Objectives:
* To provide support and information for the general public through Local Councils and the Animal Welfare Department.
* To Educate the General Public and Students about Animals’ Rights and the Five Freedoms of Animal Welfare.
* To seek and promote , on a National level, the participation of our Organisation.
* To work in co-ordination with other animal NGO’s locally and abroad and to be affiliated in both.
We are Proud to have this Mission and these Objectives and shall strive with All Our Hearts to make them materialize in the interest of the animals we love and respect so much.
WE ARE PROUD ANIMAL GUARDIANS !
We Believe that Each Animal has the Right to the Five Freedoms of Animal Welfare .
1. Freedom from hunger or thirst by ready access to fresh water and a diet to maintain full health and vigor.
2. Freedom from discomfort by providing an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area
3. Freedom from pain, injury or disease by prevention or rapid diagnosis and treatment
4. Freedom to express normal behavior by providing sufficient space, proper facilities and company of the animal’s own kind
5. Freedom from fear and distress by ensuring conditions and treatment which avoid mental suffering
Animal Guardians Malta is a registered NGO with the Commission for Voluntary Organizations, according to law.
AGM calls all those individuals /groups who know of animal rights/ welfare abuse in our country to write a detailed report with pictures if possible, and send it to The Commissioner for Animal Rights
Animal Guardians Malta is confident that the general public shares our aims, and therefore we are appealing to you, the public, to help in any way possible
The suffering of so many stray cats and kittens Can be Controlled
Together with Local Councils We Can change the situation !