The Institute for the Research and Improvement of Social Sciences (IRISS) has an exclusive focus on social sciences. IRISS’s main objectives are to:
- enhance knowledge through seminars, workshops and active participation in learning programmes;
- raise public awareness about the social sciences;
- encourage the advancement of scientific knowledge in the social sciences through scholarly breakthroughs;
- encourage the development of new tools and theories in the social sciences with a view to widening the real-world applicability of the social sciences;
- compete for public (mostly EU) Funding in the social sciences area.