Aims and objectives of the Mental Health Association Gozo
• To promote positive mental health and to actively support persons with health illness, their families and cares by identifying their need and advocating their statutory rights. Thus abolishing stigma and promote a holistic approach towards social inclusion.
• To safeguard and maintain the mental well-being; including avocations for better mental health services and better well-being therefore they will live with dignity in the community without any prejudice.
• To improve the quality of life by alleviating the stigma and discrimination, mainly through education to counteract lack of knowledge or misinformation.
• To encourage active participation and non formal education through culture, social and educational activities.
• To help users’ access services that are already provided through statutory and voluntary organizations and raise further awareness on mental health issues amongst mainstream service providers. Also continuous support, empathy and sustain is provided to persons with mental health difficulties, families and friends.
• To be the patients’ and caring voice for persons suffering from mental health issues and their carers’.