Young Business Entrepreneurs is a non governmental, independent and non-profit making national youth platform that work towards empowering young adults to foster entrepreneurial skills in order to try and generate a business activity by seeking new and innovative opportunities for the benefit of the society and the economy. The platform is based on five main strategic priorities which include scientific research, programs, education, awareness and policy making. Young Business Entrepreneurs is driven by the scope of empowering youths to start their own business activity. The organisation mainly target youths between the age of 18 to 35, who are Maltese citizen or have been living in Malta for the past five years.
Young Business Entrepreneurs work towards placing youth at the center of the economy. In doing so, Young Business Entrepreneurs work towards,
– Being a consultative body for local public, independent and private institutions on all issues relevant to youth entrepreneurship;
– Promote measures and mechanisms on youth entrepreneurship through government and institutional policies;
– Influence the policy of national institutions on youth entrepreneurship related issues;
– Increase the participation of young people in entrepreneurship as well as in the decision-making process towards business activity;
– Promote a culture among youth of job creation rather than job seeking.
– Promote the exchange of business ideas and experiences, opportunities and mutual understanding of the positive changes that a business activity can bring about in the economy and society.