28 Apr 2022 - 08:30
Health in All Policies (HiAP): Addressing social determinants of health through stakeholder collaboration
The Social Determinants of Health Unit within the Office of the Superintendent of Public Health would like to invite non-governmental organisations to nominate representatives for a stakeholder meeting that will be held at the Mediterranean Conference Centre in Valletta.
There is strong european and international evidence on the bidirectional relationship between health inequities and higher rates of social exclusion. This includes early departure from education and the labour market together with lower levels of resilience among individuals and family to withstand the effects of social and economic shocks.
Certain policies and systems such as education and social welfare, labour and development play a pivotal role in influencing health outcomes in the population in general, but specifically in determining the risk of poorer health and experiences by different socio-economic strata. Acting together with the goal to bridge policies to increase the health, social and economic potential of all in society is not easy but brings benefits for many sectors and contributes to the future sustainability of local neighbourhoods and whole nations.
Within this scenario, the Social Determinants of Health Unit is organising a series of stakeholder meetings. The aim of these meetings is to foster collaboration and open dialogue with Non-Governmental Organisations representing and working for the interests of various sectors of society while framing health equity as a shared interest across sectors.
Meeting & Registration:
- Dates: Sessions A: 7th OR 8th April (Closing date for application: 5th April 2022)
Sessions B: 28th OR 29th April (Closing date for application: 26th April 2022)
- Time: 08:30hrs: Coffee & Registration
09:00hrs – 09:45hrs: Project overview & Research Outcomes 09:45hrs – 11:00hrs: Guest speaker & Discussion
- Venue: Mediterranean Conference Centre, Valletta
- A certificate of attendance will be given to all
- To register for your preferred session, please follow this link: https://deputyprimeminister.gov.mt/en/sdh/Pages/health-in-all-policies.aspx
- Applications are accepted on a first come first served basis and are subject to
– This information session is being organised in accordance with Covid-19 Mandatory Safety Standards and Guidelines in place. A valid Covid-19 vaccination certificate is required for entry. The organisers shall retain the right to refuse entry to patrons should they not be abiding to Covid-19 restrictions in place on the day of the session.
For further information or queries kindly contact the SDH Unit by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to having you attend this stakeholder meeting.