14 Jun 2023 - 14:00
Would you like to understand the media landscape in Malta better and become more skilled at getting your message across? If so, this is the course for you. SOS Malta will be holding two sessions to assist VOs in Malta to deal with the local press, learning the ropes and to better understand the local media landscape.
The training course will be held in two sessions:
Dates: June 14th and June 15th
Venue: MCVS Centre, Valletta OR Online
These are the topics that are going to be covered:
Session 1: Getting my message across
– How do I get my message across
– How to build a narrative that works
– The use of story-telling to move your cause.
– Which material works best for news, social media.
– Choosing the right platform.
– Creating a media strategy with no or limited budget.
Session 2: Navigating the Maltese media landscape
– Understanding the media landscape in Malta
– Sending a press call/press release.
– How to amplify your presence in the local media landscape.
– Which stories take prominence, and which do not make it to the news.
– Why is the press not publishing my press releases.
– Dealing with journalists.
– What do I do when someone publishes something about my ngo that is not true?
– Ethics of sharing stories online.
– Fact-checking and open-sources for info and truth checking.
Please register here to book your place. To get the most out of the training, we recommend you attend in person. However, the course will also be delivered online.
The course has been designed and will be given by former journalist, writer and NGO communications coordinator Gabriel Schembri.
This training is part of the Citizens Lab project funded by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway through the EEA Grants and Norway Grants. The project is implemented by SOS Malta.