Dar Santa Bakhita offers Second Stage accommodation and therapeutic services to Female survivors of Domestic Violence and Gender Based Violence along with their children.
… Provide compassionate support, within a safe space to survivors of violence, gender-based violence and domestic violence.
Dar Santa Bakhita; provides Second Stage accommodation through assisted flats to female survivors of violence, gender-based violence as well as domestic violence and their children for a period of 12 months.
Our Objectives are to:
- To provide adequate and safe assisted flatlets for a period of 12 months, whilst being closely followed and monitored by the Service Coordinator through weekly sessions, care plans and case reviews;
- To provide a tailor-made life skills program which enables residents following this program to effectively deal with the demands and challenges of life whilst living independently after the 12 months;
- To assist and support residents during court proceedings;
- To offer psycho-social services such as counselling and therapy;
- To promote reconciliation with self, with family—in whatever way possible or desirable, with society and with God;
- To enhance public awareness about the issue of; Violence, Gender Based Violence and Domestic Violence;
- To actively participate on all Local and International Platforms on the issue of Gender Based Violence and Domestic Violence.