The Voluntary Organisations Fund within the Malta Council for the Voluntary Sector (MCVS), established to assist and support enrolled voluntary organisations through education, management support and financial grants in terms of Article 37(3) of the VO Act has launched the ‘Small Initiatives Support Scheme’ or ‘SIS’ to support small initiatives by Voluntary Organisations.
Projects under the Small Initiatives Support Scheme encourage projects in areas such as training courses for volunteers or the public, events such as exhibitions, festivals etc., web sites, publications and other initiatives related to the voluntary sector.
The general objectives establishing the Voluntary Organisations Projects Fund are the following:
- To stimulate co-operation and networking between voluntary organisations.
- To provide a consultative forum that can effectively address issues related to the Voluntary Sector.
- To provide a platform from which to develop co-operation between voluntary organisations and the Government.
- To promote and encourage a culture of volunteering and the participation in volunteer activities among people, especially children and youths, as an aspect of personal and social development.
- To foster co-operation in the volunteer sector with local and international bodies, entities or other persons for the encouragement and promotion of the development of volunteering programmes, initiatives and activities.
- To encourage, in furtherance of the principle of subsidiary, non-governmental bodies and private entities or persons and local councils to contribute to the promotion of volunteering in Malta.