The Voluntary Organisations Project Scheme is an initiative which falls under and is managed the Ministry for Education and Employment (MEDE), and is managed and administered on its behalf by the Malta Council for the Voluntary Sector (MCVS).
The Voluntary Organisations Project Scheme is an allocated fund of €700,000.00.
The call for e-applications is issued by the Malta Council for the Voluntary Sector (MCVS) under the Voluntary Organisations Projects Scheme herein referred to as VOPS. The guidelines for the VOPS are published on the Malta Council for the Voluntary Sector website www.maltacvs.org and the New Funding Portal www.vofunding.org.mt . The guidelines constitute an integral part of the call for proposals.
The Voluntary Organisations Project Scheme (VOPS) is designed to assist applicants looking for funding on projects that can make a real difference to their local communities.
The general objectives establishing the Voluntary Organisations Projects Fund are the following:
- To stimulate co-operation and networking between voluntary organisations.
- To provide a consultative forum that can effectively address issues related to the Voluntary Sector.
- To provide a platform from which to develop co-operation between voluntary organisations and the Government.
- To promote and encourage a culture of volunteering and the participation in volunteer activities among people, especially children and youths, as an aspect of personal and social development.
- To foster co-operation in the volunteer sector with local and international bodies, entities or other persons for the encouragement and promotion of the development of volunteering programmes, initiatives and activities.
- To encourage, in furtherance of the principle of subsidiary, non-governmental bodies and private entities or persons and local councils to contribute to the promotion of volunteering in Malta.
VOPS shall re-open in October 2019.