Luxol Sports Foundation is a voluntary organisation that encourages and promotes sports excellence within Malta and abroad and engages with young people and adults to encourage participation in sports, to help them improve their quality of life and to promote public awareness about a healthier lifestyle through physical activities and outdoor recreation.
The Foundation has the following objectives:
1. To target the promotion of a healthy lifestyle through sports by concentrating on the benefits that can be gained by outdoor activities and an active lifestyle;
2. To support and encourage the continued professional education and training of coaches, players and administrators in all sport disciplines;
3. To educate young people and adults about the value of sports which plays a major role in promoting understanding, breaking down barriers and celebrating diversity;
4. To seek and promote, on a national level, the participation of young people and adults in sports and outdoor recreation;
5. To raise public awareness about a healthier lifestyle through sports and outdoor recreation;
6. To educate the public about the importance of sport in our daily life, and in supporting and nurturing emerging talent;
7. To improve the self-confidence, self reliance, self-image and public awareness in the formulation of worthwhile goals and performances from an early age, improving the image of young people and adults through sports;
8. To improve the conditions of young people and adults in general, especially in their place of work, school, trade or professional activity, develop their vocational skills, knowledge and confidence, as well as improve their continuing personality development and overcome barriers to employment;
9. To eradicate discrimination of whatever nature against persons with disabilities and foster inclusion in society through the medium of sports;
10. To promote and present the interests, rights, needs, of young people and adults to the notice of local administration and authorities, international organizations and other authorities;
11. To encourage and promote research concerning sports and outdoor recreation.