The Malta Maritime Forum (MMF) is a non-governmental organisation established in October 2015 with a vision to champion all matters related to the Maltese Maritime Industry and the Blue Economy and to serve as a common platform for those Malta-based entities that are involved in the maritime, logistical and transport industry in Malta.
This platform is primarily geared to facilitate communication between the various sectors that form this industry as well as with Government to assist and promote the development of this industry in general. The Forum is a member of the European Network of Maritime Clusters as well as of the European Shortsea Network.
The objects of the Maritime Forum as listed in its Statute are:
- To act as the leading Maritime Cluster of the Maltese Islands that serves, represents and promotes the interests of the entire Maltese Maritime sector, and to provide value, support and leadership to the Maritime Community;
- To act as the flag-bearer for the entire Maritime Industry, to create constant awareness amongst all stakeholders about the importance of the Maritime Industry to the strategic needs and socio-economic development of Malta and be the influential and vibrant voice on all matters related to the Maritime Industry and the Blue Economy;
- To encourage and support initiatives which lead to the development of new maritime concepts and activities which may lead to the creation of new business ventures and additional opportunities for employment and investment in the Maltese economy;
- To promote research, education and training within the Maltese maritime sector;
- To develop awareness of EU policies, programmes and legislation that can assist private enterprise in the expansion of short sea transportation activity;
- To pursue actions that shall advance the Maltese Islands as a worthy jurisdiction for the provision of Maritime services and investment within the Mediterranean region, the European Union and the rest of the world.