Opening Doors is an autonomous, non-governmental, not-for-profit arts association operating at a national level in Malta for the promotion of, and active involvement of, adults with intellectual disabilities in the artistic and creative sector.
Our Mission is to:
• develop our own artistic projects and programmes.
• create ongoing training opportunities to develop artistic skills that would manifest in expressions of artistic quality.
• engage artists and creative professionals.
• collaborate with national and international organisations and participate in civil society platforms.
• increase public awareness of the contribution people with intellectual disabilities can make to the creative sector.
• facilitate employment opportunities in the arts for adults with intellectual disabilities.