The aim of Rima shall be the exploration of the multifaceted aspects of migration and exile through a series of creative and multidisciplinary initiatives, in collaboration with Maltese and foreign artists and scholars, and the migrants themselves. The Organisation shall have the following objectives:
– To collect and record narratives of displaced people about their singular experience.
– To make the voices of people how come from elsewhere heard.
– To provide a space for stories and discourse about exile and migration.
– To raise public and political awareness on issues related to migration and exile.
– To foster an inclusive approach in which people of different background can work and create together.
– To promote and present the interests of the Organisation’s members to the notice of local administration and authorities, international Organisations and other authorities.
– To raise funds by means of subscription of members or otherwise for all the purposes and objectives of the Organisation in such amounts and in such manner as may be authorized by the Executive Committee.
– To form part of any national/international Organisation/s whose aims are similar to that of the Organisation.
– To encourage and promote research.
– To do all that which is ancillary, incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objectives.