The Academy is set up as a public purpose non-profit organization. The specific objects of the present Academy are to promote the historical knowledge related to the Military and Hospitaller Order of Saint Lazarus of Jerusalem, and other Crusader and related orders of chivalry as this relates to the hierarchy, their components, their traditions and ancient history, as well as their relations with Christian Churches.
To realise its objects, the Academy will, in particular, be able to provide or undertake to organise the following activities:
- to associate with natural persons or legal entities with competency in or, in a more general manner, an interest in the defined field of research;
- to seek any form of partnership or of exchange and collaboration in the related fields of interest;
- to promote research, whether fundamental or applied, training or information in the field of interest and, generally, in any related field, in any way possible, and in particular by means of various publications; and
- to initiate academic links with any group, foundation, association, which already exists or is to be created and whose purpose is similar, related to or complementary to its own.
- As a general rule, whether on its own account or for that of a third party, to initiate any operation, including sale of products and of services, which could be directly related to the objects, or likely to facilitate or develop the realisation of these objectives.