The COVID-19 Voluntary Organisations Emergency Fund (COVID-VOEF) is a fund managed by the Malta Council for the Voluntary Sector (MCVS) with the support of the Parliamentary Secretary for Youth, Sports and Voluntary Organisations.
The COVID-19 Voluntary Organisations Emergency Fund (COVID-VOEF) Budget shall start with the allocation of €125,000.00. This allocation may increase depending on support from third parties. Requests under this Fund shall not exceed the amount of €5,000.00.
The Purpose of COVID-19 Voluntary Organisations Emergency Fund (COVID-VOEF)
- The main purpose of this fund is to assist Voluntary Organisations in emergency situations arising locally as a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- This fund is to assist registered and compliant Voluntary Organisations (VO) working in the voluntary sector by providing financial support in case of predicament or exceptional situations.
- Any other requests which are not considered as arising from emergencies related to the COVID-19 pandemic shall be deemed not eligible for funding support under this Fund.
- The main objectives of this Fund shall be to:
- Support VOs whose operation is related and essential for the the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Support VOs which, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, may suffer irreparable damage to their organisation which may result in the closure of the same organisation.
- Support VOs which, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, may face difficulties to retain and restart the operation at post pandemic stage.
- This Fund shall be allocated on a first-come-first-serves basis depending on the availability of funds.
- The Fund may be incremented should additional funds from other sources be made available.
- In any case the budget allocations cannot exceed the budget in hand at any point in time.
Application can be accessed of the VO Funding Portal through the following link: